Dr. Bridget Chufo
Bridget M. Chufo is the President and Founder of Healthy Performance, a nutritional health and weight loss company offering counseling, support, and dietary supplements to help the 66% of Americans who are challenged with overweight and obesity problems and the health problems associated with them, namely cardio-vascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and thyroid concerns. Dr. Chufo has been helping individuals in the weight loss and health fields since 1980. She is responsible for managing and directing the long term success of these centers in Western Pennsylvania. In addition to the centers, Dr. Chufo provides one-on-one counseling via telephone or computer, making it possible for even very busy individuals to participate in the program.
It is easy to understand how and why Dr. Chufo has developed a passion for what she does. She is a high energy, no excuse type of person. Motivating people is second nature to her. She believes in being responsible and accountable for the choices one makes in life. Even with this type of direct approach, Dr. Chufo has a tremendous amount of compassion and sincerity. She believes that being a giver is one of the most important things one can be and we're all on this earth to make each other feel special. She believes in using the talents one is given and to make each and every day count towards making this world a better place.
Dr. Chufo's interest, love, and passion for the career that she has chosen began in 1980. She moved from Pittsburgh to New York City to attend New York University pursuing a Ph.D. in Nursing Research. At the time, her practical experiences as a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor's Degree from Villanova University and a Master's Degree from Duquesne University had been in Critical Care and Emergency Room Nursing at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Her experiences evolved into the academic arena where she taught Nursing on an Undergraduate and Graduate level at La Roche College, Duquesne and New York Universities. She is involved with the Healthy Living Rewards Program with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and works with physicians at various hospitals to help them improve their patients' health.
Dr. Bridget Chufo appears on many other talk shows throughout the country, some of which include New Orleans, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, San Antonio, Cleveland, and Boston, and has been consistently contacted as an "expert in the field" to comment on national newsworthy breakthroughs in the field of weight loss and obesity. Her expertise has been recognized on all the major affiliates National News, ABC, NBC, and CBS, speaking out on daily, weekly, and monthly health reports related to nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Dr. Chufo's list of credentials includes the following:
- Winner of the 25 Top Leaders in Pittsburgh Business Times Women in Business Awards, 2009
- Weekly host on cable news show (PCNC) on health, nutrition and weight loss, 2007
- Winner of the Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award in Small Company Category for outstanding achievement in the advancement of ethics within the business community, 2006
- Winner of the Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award, Pittsburgh Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, Small Business Category, 2006
- Weekly guest on "The Tammy Bruce Show" a syndicated on 156 stations nationwide, featuring health and weight loss issues that are foremost in the news and the latest research in the area, 2006
- Finalist of the Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award, Pittsburgh Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, Small Business Category, 2005
- Woman of the Year, selected by The American Biological Institute and its Board of International Research, 2005
- Finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 2002
- Winner of Pennsylvania's Best 50 Women in Business, 2002
- Guest on the Fox News television show, "The O'Reilly Factor," debating the pros and cons of vegetarianism and children, 2002
- Honored Professional in the National Directory of Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 1997-1998
- Honoree of Who's Who in American Nursing Award from the Society of Nursing Professionals, 1984 and 1986
- Lifetime Professional Member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants
- Top 2,000 Notable American Women in the Second Edition of the American Biographical Institute
Dr. Chufo's community involvement includes:
- DePaul School for Hearing and Speech, Board of Directors (1999-present).
- The Hearing Center of Children's Hospital, Board of Directors (2000-present).
- American Liver Foundation (Southwestern PA chapter), Board of Directors (2004-present).
- La Roche College, Board of Regents (1999-2005).
- Civic Light Opera Guild (2005-present).
- St. Anthony Charitable Foundation, Board of Trustees (2009-present).
- Women’s President Organization, Pittsburgh Chapter (2009-present).